Wednesday, August 23, 2006

why do i run

running for me gets me out of my head...............when i am having a stressful day i get out and run for at least 30 minutes.....i finish feeling great...........usually i go through a process of remembering where i have come from and where i am at today and today i am happy being me...........i will always have some days where stress will take hold but today i have been given tools to deal with these issues......first and for most i need to tell myself that what ever i am dealing with that i should love myself no matter what............then slowly process what is happening .........the better i process these things the easier it is next time to deal with.....................calling friends talking through it or just relaxing and getting it out of my mind for a while helps......when stress comes for me i know that i need to do something i like , my passion , like running ...........WHAT IS YOUR PASSION AND DO YOU USE YOUR PASSION TO DEAL WITH STRESS?????

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Randy - Maniac #788 said...

Just thought I would let you know that when I lived in Rock Springs and I ran on an indoor track everyday, I would use that time to get out of my head too, the things that I wouldn't allow myself to think about were the running and work, anything else was fair game and it helped to get rid of stress for me too. I wish I could run today, sometimes I run in my mind and I don't realize it, but I do. I miss the euphoria that the running can bring, the freedom, and I know you will do great in January. I've never run a marathon but I've experienced a runners high, and through that I know you can succeed. I also pray for your success and know that God answers my prayers, He's done so before and He will again. You will succeed, you have the Spirit within You, you have the Aggie Spirit that never dies, we know, we share, we both understand. Run with God, He will help you to sprint to the finish because He believes in who you are, He is there every step making sure of your success.....Love you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home